Thursday, August 28, 2014

My Period stopped but I am not pregnant woman health question and answer

Question:
  I am a very keen runner and  am not training most days. Although I am very fit and healthy my periods have stopped completely, and I am sure I am not pregnant. What has caused it?


 Answer:
 If you are certain you are not pregnant - and it is still the most common reason for a missed period - then the most likely explanation is that you are taking too much exercise. Although it is an excellent thing to be fit, excessive exercise can give rise to problems. It causes a substantial drop in hormone levels and this is enough to cause your periods to stop. Also, as well as disturbing the menstrual cycle, excessive exercise can lead to thinning of the bones - osteoporosis.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts